Intelligent Chatbots and Voicebots
There are many use cases for chatbots and voicebots. Whether it is for your internal IT services, customer services, online marketing, sales or communication between citizens and government – we provide you with tailor-made solutions that will delight your customers and employees and increase their satisfaction.
Chatbots and voicebots are automated dialogue systems. Your end users can interact with them in natural language, for example, in a chat window, via messenger or even on the phone. You can map routine questions and conversations smoothly, save waiting times and integrate them seamlessly into the existing system landscape.
Six good reasons for deploying chatbots and voicebots.
Customer satisfaction increases
The use of AI-based digital assistants significantly increases customer satisfaction.
Cost pressures decrease
Staff fluctuation in call centres is often high – recruitment of personnel can be more specific.
Knowledge available at all times
Customer enquiries are answered around the clock – even during holiday periods.
No waiting times
Dissatisfied customers are served quickly and reliably and do not have to struggle through waiting loops.
Consistent service quality
Every customer receives the best service – from the bot and a personal contact person.
Dialogues can be evaluated at any time and adapted if necessary.
Our digital assistant solutions (chatbots and voicebots)
- Onboarding workshop
- Customized bots
- Connection to cognitive services
- Content: creation and maintenance
- Operational support
- Consultation and development of application scenarios for process support, e.g. also for e-government services
- Individual selection of suitable technologies and solutions
- Development of a bot persona
Development and integration of customized bots
- From simple, interactive questions to intelligent, interpretive bots
- Connection with specialised procedures and expert systems
- Configuration of the chatbot engine and development of the user front end
- Structure and design of the chatbot user interface (UX design)
- Integration with enterprise applications (CRM, CMS etc.), in Service-Management (e.g. BMC, ServiceNow or Micro Focus)
- Provision of modern user interfaces (websites; standard messengers like Skype, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger; proprietary smartphone app)
Connection to cognitive services
Connection to cognitive services
- Sentiment analyses
- AI-supported searches
- Creation and maintenance of ontologies
- Voice input and output
Content: creation and maintenance
Content: creation and maintenance
- Design and development of a content database
- Preparation of a targeted question structure, adaptation to the selected medium
- Consulting on the integration of interactive and audio-visual elements
- Consulting on use in social media
- Development of Corporate Language Guidelines
Operational support for the deployment of the chatbot engine
- Support and Service Desk in Germany
- Permanent quality management through log analyses and KPI reporting
- Cloud and on-premise architectures
Our applications for chatbots at a glance
IT Service Desk
Speed up your service desk processes
Too many calls from users as well as the analysis and classification of malfunctions cause high costs in the service desk. The long-term solution of problems falls by the wayside. This makes end users dissatisfied and productivity drops. With the help of a chatbot, i.e. modern interaction of end users with the service desk, the service desk can answer standard requests from end users much faster. Once they are fed with the appropriate information, chat robots automatically and reliably provide the appropriate answers to standard questions. Supplemented with cognitive services, such as natural language recognition, the chatbot becomes even more agile and flexible. All this massively accelerates the service desk’s processes and increases its efficiency.
Chatbot Integration for ServiceNow
Materna has developed a chatbot integration for ServiceNow. The specially developed botkit (based on Microsoft Bot Framework) enables interactive communication in a variety of application scenarios and contains connectors for Skype, Direct Line, email, Facebook Messenger, GroupMe, Kik, Slack, Telegram and Twilio (SMS). In this way, simple waterfall dialogs can be implemented, such as question-answer scenarios, but also more complex dialogs that enable graphical product selection. Communication can be initiated both by the user and by the bot (push notification). If desired, Materna can also operate the system.
Chatbots revolutionize and accelerate your online communication
Chatbots are ideal digital assistants for online marketing, e-commerce and web shops. Intelligent dialog structures, gamification concepts, virtual assistants – all this is behind this exciting new technology.
- In e-commerce, a chatbot has a positive effect on the conversion rate, for example by enriching personal search with advisory services. It is also available around the clock, provides answers to the most common service requests and expands e-commerce to social media platforms.
- Special news bots provide journalistic information and activate new target groups. They serve as a touchpoint for your customers' personalized news consumption.
- Chatbots support your online marketing strategies because you can reach customers personally without any media discontinuity, e.g. via Facebook Messenger. The content generated, e.g. personalized videos, can be spread virally.
Digital assistants for customer service
Quick and easy after-sales service makes a decisive contribution to customer satisfaction. If a product does not work or if unanswered questions prevent new purchases, intelligent chatbots are an alternative for maintaining communication with the customer. Chatbots today already take over important basic functions in digital communication with customers. They serve as a supplement to the "classic" range of services. Users use the chatbot as an additional channel via a chat application. There are many use cases for customer service chatbots that accelerate customer service processes, increase efficiency and increase customer satisfaction and user experience.
- Automotive: Answering questions about your own vehicle
- Travel: Booking or rebooking flights
- Finance: Starting credit inquiries
- Finance: Requesting insurance advice
- Commerce: Triggering fashion tips and purchase recommendations
- Logistics: Querying and changing package statuses
- Telco: Booking telecommunication tariff
- and much more
Communication and interaction with citizens
Citizens service chatbots provide a better insight into citizens' information needs, can support processing, deal with citizens' concerns more effectively and quickly, process complaints, accept applications and orders, conduct surveys and much more.
Materna offers a complete solution for the introduction of a chatbot, offering a new, modern user interface for communication between citizens and administration. Furthermore, a chatbot optimizes internal administration processes, for example as a supplementary, easy-to-use tool for intelligent knowledge management. For example, they are used on the intranet, support administrators or a central call center and supplement a central public services telephone number, e.g. 115 in Germany.
Chatbot for the Government Site Builder
Materna offers a chatbot prototype for the Government Site Builder, the German federal administration's content management system. The chatbot for the GSB accesses GSB functions such as website search, navigation structure, editorial content and the contact form to answer information requests. In addition, it can transfer data and trigger a process, for example, on the basis of existing forms. Plus, the chatbot can actively inform and, for instance, incorporate the latest information from a GSB newsletter or events into the dialog conducted with the citizen.
Materna cooperates with publicplan on chatbots for public administration. Administrative processes and information in particular can be efficiently supported with the GovBot from publicplan. Through machine learning and integration into the uniform and comprehensive directory of administrative services of federal, state and local authorities and the Public Authorities Finder Germany, services and information can be provided quickly with the chatbot. Based on standard technologies from Microsoft and IBM (Watson), both cloud and other operating scenarios can be implemented in a user-friendly and accessible manner. The integration of a voice interface, a service account using authentication by means of a new ID card and electronic payment options allow processes to be designed completely without media discontinuity and to drive forward the digitization of the public authority landscape.
Chatbots for the automotive industry
Digital assistants can be used as an ideal complement for communication involving vehicles. For instance, car owners can conduct a chat - depending on the situation by voice or text input - and clarify any questions about their specific vehicle type, such as how to operate the vehicle (e.g. top up oil, checking tire pressure, etc.). Cognitive services can be used to integrate different data sources such as manuals or Google Maps. A feedback function allows the user to give feedback on the extent to which the answer was helpful and therefore contribute to further improving the system through its use. In order to give the chatbot more personality, general conversation elements can also be integrated, such as a greeting depending on the time of day.