There are many use cases for chatbots. They range from internal IT services to customer service, online marketing and sales, use on websites or web shops, and communication between citizens and public authorities.
The all-in-one solution from Materna for chatbots
All services from one source
Chatbots are automated dialog systems. The chatbot interacts with end users in natural language, for example via a chat window online or via a messenger and provides answers to predefined queries within the shortest possible time.
Materna offers various service packages ranging from integration services to operational support for the introduction of chat bots.
- Onboarding workshop
- Consulting and conception of application scenarios for process support of e-government services
- Individual selection of suitable technologies and solutions
- Development and integration of customer-specific bots: from simple, interactive questions to intelligent, interpretive bots
- Integration of specialist processes and expert systems
- Configuration of the chatbot engine and development of the user frontend
- Integration of cognitive services and intelligent voice control
- Design and development of a content database
- Preparation of a target-oriented question structure
- Advice on the integration of interactive and audiovisual elements
- Advice on use in social media
- Development of a corporate language guideline
- Construction and design of the user interface of the chatbot (UX design)
- Integration with business applications (CRM, CMS, etc.), service management (e.g. BMC, ServiceNow and HPE) and messaging services (e.g. WhatsApp, Skype for Business, Facebook Messenger)
- Provision of modern user interfaces (website; standard messengers such as Skype, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger; own smartphone app
- Operational support for the provision of the chatbot engine as well as support and service desk from Germany
Our applications for chatbots at a glance
IT Service Desk
Speed up your service desk processes
Too many calls from users as well as the analysis and classification of malfunctions cause high costs in the service desk. The long-term solution of problems falls by the wayside. This makes end users dissatisfied and productivity drops. With the help of a chatbot, i.e. modern interaction of end users with the service desk, the service desk can answer standard requests from end users much faster. Once they are fed with the appropriate information, chat robots automatically and reliably provide the appropriate answers to standard questions. Supplemented with cognitive services, such as natural language recognition, the chatbot becomes even more agile and flexible. All this massively accelerates the service desk’s processes and increases its efficiency.
Chatbot Integration for ServiceNow
Materna has developed a chatbot integration for ServiceNow. The specially developed botkit (based on Microsoft Bot Framework) enables interactive communication in a variety of application scenarios and contains connectors for Skype, Direct Line, email, Facebook Messenger, GroupMe, Kik, Slack, Telegram and Twilio (SMS). In this way, simple waterfall dialogs can be implemented, such as question-answer scenarios, but also more complex dialogs that enable graphical product selection. Communication can be initiated both by the user and by the bot (push notification). If desired, Materna can also operate the system.
Chatbots revolutionize and accelerate your online communication
Chatbots are ideal digital assistants for online marketing, e-commerce and web shops. Intelligent dialog structures, gamification concepts, virtual assistants – all this is behind this exciting new technology.
- In e-commerce, a chatbot has a positive effect on the conversion rate, for example by enriching personal search with advisory services. It is also available around the clock, provides answers to the most common service requests and expands e-commerce to social media platforms.
- Special news bots provide journalistic information and activate new target groups. They serve as a touchpoint for your customers' personalized news consumption.
- Chatbots support your online marketing strategies because you can reach customers personally without any media discontinuity, e.g. via Facebook Messenger. The content generated, e.g. personalized videos, can be spread virally.
Digital assistants for customer service
Quick and easy after-sales service makes a decisive contribution to customer satisfaction. If a product does not work or if unanswered questions prevent new purchases, intelligent chatbots are an alternative for maintaining communication with the customer. Chatbots today already take over important basic functions in digital communication with customers. They serve as a supplement to the "classic" range of services. Users use the chatbot as an additional channel via a chat application. There are many use cases for customer service chatbots that accelerate customer service processes, increase efficiency and increase customer satisfaction and user experience.
- Automotive: Answering questions about your own vehicle
- Travel: Booking or rebooking flights
- Finance: Starting credit inquiries
- Finance: Requesting insurance advice
- Commerce: Triggering fashion tips and purchase recommendations
- Logistics: Querying and changing package statuses
- Telco: Booking telecommunication tariff
- and much more
Communication and interaction with citizens
Citizens service chatbots provide a better insight into citizens' information needs, can support processing, deal with citizens' concerns more effectively and quickly, process complaints, accept applications and orders, conduct surveys and much more.
Materna offers a complete solution for the introduction of a chatbot, offering a new, modern user interface for communication between citizens and administration. Furthermore, a chatbot optimizes internal administration processes, for example as a supplementary, easy-to-use tool for intelligent knowledge management. For example, they are used on the intranet, support administrators or a central call center and supplement a central public services telephone number, e.g. 115 in Germany.
Chatbot for the Government Site Builder
Materna offers a chatbot prototype for the Government Site Builder, the German federal administration's content management system. The chatbot for the GSB accesses GSB functions such as website search, navigation structure, editorial content and the contact form to answer information requests. In addition, it can transfer data and trigger a process, for example, on the basis of existing forms. Plus, the chatbot can actively inform and, for instance, incorporate the latest information from a GSB newsletter or events into the dialog conducted with the citizen.
Materna cooperates with publicplan on chatbots for public administration. Administrative processes and information in particular can be efficiently supported with the GovBot from publicplan. Through machine learning and integration into the uniform and comprehensive directory of administrative services of federal, state and local authorities and the Public Authorities Finder Germany, services and information can be provided quickly with the chatbot. Based on standard technologies from Microsoft and IBM (Watson), both cloud and other operating scenarios can be implemented in a user-friendly and accessible manner. The integration of a voice interface, a service account using authentication by means of a new ID card and electronic payment options allow processes to be designed completely without media discontinuity and to drive forward the digitization of the public authority landscape.
Chatbots for the automotive industry
Digital assistants can be used as an ideal complement for communication involving vehicles. For instance, car owners can conduct a chat - depending on the situation by voice or text input - and clarify any questions about their specific vehicle type, such as how to operate the vehicle (e.g. top up oil, checking tire pressure, etc.). Cognitive services can be used to integrate different data sources such as manuals or Google Maps. A feedback function allows the user to give feedback on the extent to which the answer was helpful and therefore contribute to further improving the system through its use. In order to give the chatbot more personality, general conversation elements can also be integrated, such as a greeting depending on the time of day.