IT Service Management
With IT service management, IT organizations provide the best possible support for business processes in the company. With several hundred successfully completed projects, Materna is the leading consulting and implementation partner.
The most frequently asked questions about IT service management
What is IT service management (ITSM)?
If ITSM is standardized according to ITIL, processes can be controlled centrally according to priority and availability of resources. Standardized service level agreements (SLAs) ensure higher service quality and automated workflows enable faster provisioning of services.
Modern ordering processes with IT services provided in a standardized and automated manner help to relieve the IT organization and make the workplace more attractive. Self-services can be accessed via the central service portal. The core is a central platform for service management that is equipped with smart functions. In addition, modern discovery tools help to meet compliance requirements as well as licensing and security regulations. They recognize dynamic service models so that impact analyses can be performed.
What are the added values of strategic IT service management?
- Continuous review and optimization of IT services
- Orientation to tried-and-tested rules and standards such as ITIL and ISO 20000
- Cost reduction, quality improvement, more transparency and customer satisfaction
How does the introduction of IT service management work?
Introducing an IT service management suite is a complex undertaking. Implementing such a comprehensive tool requires careful pre-screening and planning. That's why companies seek advice and expertise from professional consultants who know how to implement such a solution as efficiently and effectively as possible. To realize the full potential of an ITSM suite, it must fit the company's IT strategy. When choosing a suitable service provider, it is important to ensure that extensive process and implementation know-how is available, as well as many years of experience in introducing ITSM technologies from the market-leading vendors.
What is ITIL 4 Edition?
Publications on ITIL 4, referred to as ITIL 4 Edition, kicked off in February 2019 with the ITIL 4 Foundation publication. Additional publications will follow in the coming months. ITIL 4 is an update to the previous 2011 version, ITIL V3. The new version of the best-practice framework for IT service management includes enhancements to service understanding and adjustments to foundational models, among other things. The new models and contents of ITIL 4 include the four-dimension model and the ITIL Service Value System. This includes the ITIL Service Value Chain, the ITIL Practices and the ITIL Basic Principles. Governance and continuous improvement are still core components in the new edition and are also included in the Service Value System.
Strategically positioned and value-adding IT
Materna has been successfully implementing IT service management solutions for many years. We have in-depth, cross-industry knowledge of processes and organizational structures for the optimized planning, provision and monitoring of IT services. Take advantage of our comprehensive portfolio of services for the introduction and optimization of IT service management solutions.
Materna's analysis, IT process and IT organization consulting, and implementation of IT service management processes and technologies are based on proven ITIL and ITIL light (FitSM) standards. This allows IT processes to be continuously checked and optimized. The ISO 20000 standard also makes it possible to objectively measure and certify the ITSM on the basis of an internationally valid standard. To keep the big picture, we always follow a holistic approach.
Strategic IT service management (ITSM)
ITSM services Materna
Professional ITIL and IT service management from Materna
- Design and planning of IT service management processes with a holistic view of the organization, specific requirements and necessary technologies on the basis of the "Service Excellence" consulting method
- Modular consulting method "Service Excellence" for service management. The method serves the targeted professionalization of IT organizations and is also an ideal support for the structured preparation of an ISO 20000 certification. "Service Excellence" is based on many years of experience with IT processes, comprehensive technical know-how and numerous own studies and customer surveys.
- Organizational change management projects
- ITIL coaching from analysis and conception to implementation and operation of your IT service management solution
- Evaluation of IT service management technologies
- Comprehensive know-how with ITIL disciplines and functions (service desk, incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, configuration management database (CMDB), service request management, service level management, etc.)
- Conception and implementation of service catalogs
- Conception and establishment of a functioning service level management including reporting
- Development of sourcing strategies and support of transition projects
- Integration and implementation of software and hardware
- Accredited ITIL trainings: Materna is accredited by PEOPLECERT as an official ITIL training provider and trains up to ITIL expert level. The ITIL training courses are aimed, for example, at employees who actively shape service management processes in their organization.
International Norm ISO 20000
The ISO 20000 standard provides a standardized procedure for checking whether an IT organization has successfully implemented the best practices for IT service management defined in ITIL. This internationally recognized standard is a neutral seal of approval and thus a very good proof of quality for the customer or user.
- ISO 20000 certified consultants
- Support in all phases of ISO-20000 certification
- Continuous and individual support from project start to successful certification
- Support during the follow-up audits
ITSM light (FitSM)
FitSM: lightweight standard for ITSM
FitSM is the new European standard for lightweight IT service management, making it an ideal introduction to an IT service management system. It was created according to the design principle "Keep it simple! Therefore FitSM is ideal for smaller organizations.
Materna offers the FitSM consulting package especially for IT organizations in small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as well as in municipalities. We apply our process model to introduce an IT service management system according to FitSM in twelve steps. We carry out all twelve steps in the form of consulting services, workshops, coaching, interviews and assessments and conclude with accompanying documentation.
Tool and process implementation
Optimization of ITSM projects with tool and process implementation
As part of your tool and process introduction, we support you in the introduction of new technologies and tools and the associated changes to your processes. We provide you with procedures for rolling out the supporting tools. Components of our procedures include checklists and a structured sample project plan with quality gates.
Our proven, ready-to-use generic process model is based on many years of practical experience. It supports the design and creation of a roll-out process and role model as well as the ITSM tool. The rollout is simplified and the realization and implementation costs as well as the risks in the project process in terms of effort, budget and schedule are reduced.
Enterprise Service Management is one of the cornerstones of any company's digitization strategy. In the new ISG Provider Lens™ Report - Enterprise Service Management 2021 - Germany, Materna comes out on top in three quadrants.
Materna is the leading global partner (Platinum Partner) of BMC Software and Partner of the Year 2020. We implement projects for service management and operations with BMC technologies.
Materna is a Platinum Partner of Micro Focus. We realize projects for service management, automation, orchestration, RPA as well as cloud management and operation (own data center).
Our subsidiary agineo is an Elite Partner of ServiceNow. agineo specializes in the agile implementation of service processes with ServiceNow technologies and is certified for all focus areas.
We offer you a managed service for your IT Service Management solution, covering all manufacturers and regardless of whether the ITSM solution is operated as an on-premise solution in your data centre, in the cloud or as a SaaS solution completely from the cloud, for the platforms BMC Helix, BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, Micro Focus Service Manager and Micro Focus SMAX.
A selection of our customers
Do you have any questions?