New Business Models with LPWAN
Connect your devices, machines and processes to the Internet of Things (IoT) with state-of-the-art protocols and the lowest hardware requirements. We support you with consulting services, prototyping and software development.
Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN)
LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network) is a radio technology that uses little energy and inexpensive components. This ensures that Internet of Things (IoT) sensors and actuators can become more mobile and less expensive. At LPWAN, connectivity energy consumption has been dramatically reduced compared to established technologies. At the same time, the range of LPWAN exceeds that of Bluetooth, WLAN and existing mobile networks many times over.
Materna advises companies on how they can benefit from this technology and set up individual projects. We offer everything from a single source: Business model consulting, analysis of the best possible technology, selection of suitable hardware and network providers, operation and maintenance of the associated software solution. To this end, we maintain partnerships with the leading technology manufacturers for the various implementations of LPWAN: NB-IoT, LoRaWAN and Sigfox.
We are your experts for the topics: Business process analysis, technology consulting, development of prototypes and concept studies, feasibility studies, software development as well as operation and maintenance.
Your benefits with LPWAN
This is what LPWAN is about
- Private networks possible at production site level; applies to LoRaWAN
- Security (can be disconnected from the Internet); applies to LoRaWAN
- Localization of transmitters with high accuracy – without GPS modules
This is what LoRaWAN is about
- Long range of several kilometers
- Low operating costs
- Private networks possible
This is what NB-IoT is about
- Long range of approx. ten kilometers
- Very good building penetration
- Relatively high data transfer rates
- Sending and receiving without any problems
Comparison to GSM, UMTS and LTE
- Higher costs for wireless modules
- Battery life of up to one year
- Always dependent on the network expansion of mobile phone providers